Woman struck and killed by car while crossing to median
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department has identified the woman killed in a crash on I-94 this week as Kristina M. Pacheco, of Milwaukee.
The department released the 34-year-old's name in a department release Wednesday morning.
The fatal crash
According to KCSD Sgt. David Wright, deputies, detectives and the Somers Fire Department responded to the 2400 block of I-94 southbound near Somers at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8, 2021.
They were responding to a call for a serious multi-vehicle accident.
At the scene, crews found a 2003 Chevy Suburban with front-end damage. According to reports, that vehicle ⏤ driven by the 34-year-year-old Milwaukee woman ⏤ had crashed into the rear of a semi trailer. This happened in the far right lane of traffic heading southbound.
After that crash, Pacheco got out of her car, according to KCSD. A passing car struck her in the far left lane as she attempted to move across the interstate to the median.
Officials pronounced her dead at the scene.
Support the Observer
Latest Observances …
- Make Music Day begins at Kenosha Creative Space June 21, 2021
- UPDATE: KCSD identifies Kenosha woman killed in Tuesday crash June 17, 2021
- Observer Walk: Basilica and National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Holy Hill June 16, 2021
- Tuesday crash kills 54-year-old Kenosha woman, KCSD reports June 16, 2021
- Kenosha Parks Commission approvals signal return of canceled events June 15, 2021
- Around The Mics: Thursdays at Creative Space and Public June 11, 2021
- Thompson’s Take: We need to know each other, so we can listen to each other again June 10, 2021
- Kenosha Pride holds ‘most successful benefit ever’ (photos) June 9, 2021
- Paff says federal government ‘bankrupting America’ as other alderpersons support Biden jobs plan June 8, 2021
- Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department responds to Burlington Road blaze, one dead June 8, 2021