25-year-old listed in critical condition
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Racine County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a suicide attempt carried out in the Kenosha County Jail Tuesday evening.
According to a Wednesday release from the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department, Tuesday around 6:38 p.m. a correctional officer found an inmate unresponsive in their cell.
The inmate was hanging from bedding within his cell when the officer found him, the release states.
Personnel initiated CPR and called emergency crews; however, the inmate remained unresponsive.
Kenosha Fire Department personnel transported him to the hospital. There, hospital staff listed the inmate in critical condition, the KCSD said.
Investigators from the Racine County Sheriff’s Department will lead the investigation into the incident. Their involvement is a result of an agreement between the two departments, the release states.
“The inmate is a 25-year-old man from the city of Kenosha and was being held in jail on felony and misdemeanor charges as well as a probation hold,” the department said.
Officials are withholding the inmate's name at this time.
The investigation is ongoing. As a result, investigators will release further as it becomes available.
Support the Observer Family
Latest Observances …
- Make Music Day begins at Kenosha Creative Space June 21, 2021
- UPDATE: KCSD identifies Kenosha woman killed in Tuesday crash June 17, 2021
- Observer Walk: Basilica and National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Holy Hill June 16, 2021
- Tuesday crash kills 54-year-old Kenosha woman, KCSD reports June 16, 2021
- Kenosha Parks Commission approvals signal return of canceled events June 15, 2021
- Around The Mics: Thursdays at Creative Space and Public June 11, 2021
- Thompson’s Take: We need to know each other, so we can listen to each other again June 10, 2021
- Kenosha Pride holds ‘most successful benefit ever’ (photos) June 9, 2021
- Paff says federal government ‘bankrupting America’ as other alderpersons support Biden jobs plan June 8, 2021
- Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department responds to Burlington Road blaze, one dead June 8, 2021