Woman struck and killed by car while crossing to median
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department has identified the woman killed in a crash on I-94 this week as Kristina M. Pacheco, of Milwaukee.
The department released the 34-year-old's name in a department release Wednesday morning.
The fatal crash
According to KCSD Sgt. David Wright, deputies, detectives and the Somers Fire Department responded to the 2400 block of I-94 southbound near Somers at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8, 2021.
They were responding to a call for a serious multi-vehicle accident.
At the scene, crews found a 2003 Chevy Suburban with front-end damage. According to reports, that vehicle ⏤ driven by the 34-year-year-old Milwaukee woman ⏤ had crashed into the rear of a semi trailer. This happened in the far right lane of traffic heading southbound.
After that crash, Pacheco got out of her car, according to KCSD. A passing car struck her in the far left lane as she attempted to move across the interstate to the median.
Officials pronounced her dead at the scene.
Support the Observer
Latest Observances …
- Small Projects Relocation Plan on City Council agenda for displaced 16th Avenue homeowners August 2, 2021
- Kenosha History Center pays tribute to photojournalist Al Fredrickson July 30, 2021
- Inside the Mind of Daniel Thompson: ‘As long as my community is well fed’ July 30, 2021
- Highway H project for Kroger fulfillment center underway July 29, 2021
- Wednesdays at Public Craft Brewing (Around The Mics) July 28, 2021
- Licenses and Permits: Liquor license shortage an issue for committee July 27, 2021
- City meetings and open mics on tonight’s docket July 26, 2021
- Native American drum demo, Creative Space mic are tonight’s events July 22, 2021
- Tonight in Kenosha: City Council meets; Fusion and Rustic host open mics July 19, 2021
- Performers at Fusion (Around the Mics) July 18, 2021