Woman struck and killed by car while crossing to median
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department has identified the woman killed in a crash on I-94 this week as Kristina M. Pacheco, of Milwaukee.
The department released the 34-year-old's name in a department release Wednesday morning.
The fatal crash
According to KCSD Sgt. David Wright, deputies, detectives and the Somers Fire Department responded to the 2400 block of I-94 southbound near Somers at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8, 2021.
They were responding to a call for a serious multi-vehicle accident.
At the scene, crews found a 2003 Chevy Suburban with front-end damage. According to reports, that vehicle ⏤ driven by the 34-year-year-old Milwaukee woman ⏤ had crashed into the rear of a semi trailer. This happened in the far right lane of traffic heading southbound.
After that crash, Pacheco got out of her car, according to KCSD. A passing car struck her in the far left lane as she attempted to move across the interstate to the median.
Officials pronounced her dead at the scene.
Support the Observer
Latest Observances …
- ICYMI: Recent performances around Kenosha February 22, 2022
- Second Baptist Church to host free vaccination clinic Sunday (Feb. 20) February 19, 2022
- County: Public Health hosting vaccination clinic Wednesday morning (Feb. 9) February 8, 2022
- Around the Scene: Get out to Public Craft and Kenosha Creative Space (playlist) January 26, 2022
- Cold Nights, Warm Lights: Photos from recent open mics January 25, 2022
- A YAR grant, a KAC donation, and a reminder from Kenosha County January 9, 2022
- ‘Framing and Sobriety’: An observation on how one affects another (podcast) January 3, 2022
- Jordan Pauley: A Real Stand Up Guy December 8, 2021
- Jill Zgorzelski: Creating Community November 28, 2021
- Jason Hedman: Kenosha’s Own Dickens is No Scrooge November 26, 2021