25-year-old listed in critical condition
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Racine County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a suicide attempt carried out in the Kenosha County Jail Tuesday evening.
According to a Wednesday release from the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department, Tuesday around 6:38 p.m. a correctional officer found an inmate unresponsive in their cell.
The inmate was hanging from bedding within his cell when the officer found him, the release states.
Personnel initiated CPR and called emergency crews; however, the inmate remained unresponsive.
Kenosha Fire Department personnel transported him to the hospital. There, hospital staff listed the inmate in critical condition, the KCSD said.
Investigators from the Racine County Sheriff’s Department will lead the investigation into the incident. Their involvement is a result of an agreement between the two departments, the release states.
“The inmate is a 25-year-old man from the city of Kenosha and was being held in jail on felony and misdemeanor charges as well as a probation hold,” the department said.
Officials are withholding the inmate's name at this time.
The investigation is ongoing. As a result, investigators will release further as it becomes available.
Support the Observer Family
Latest Observances …
- Cold Nights, Warm Lights: Photos from recent open mics January 25, 2022
- A YAR grant, a KAC donation, and a reminder from Kenosha County January 9, 2022
- ‘Framing and Sobriety’: An observation on how one affects another (podcast) January 3, 2022
- Jordan Pauley: A Real Stand Up Guy December 8, 2021
- Jill Zgorzelski: Creating Community November 28, 2021
- Jason Hedman: Kenosha’s Own Dickens is No Scrooge November 26, 2021
- Carl the Kenosha Turkey: Feathered friend, fowl foe, or a fine family feast? November 25, 2021
- Stephanie Donoma Wants to Paint Your Pets November 21, 2021
- Brent Mitchell sings the blues November 18, 2021
- Thompson’s Take: A return to the Golden Rule concerning respect November 10, 2021