25-year-old listed in critical condition
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Racine County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a suicide attempt carried out in the Kenosha County Jail Tuesday evening.
According to a Wednesday release from the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department, Tuesday around 6:38 p.m. a correctional officer found an inmate unresponsive in their cell.
The inmate was hanging from bedding within his cell when the officer found him, the release states.
Personnel initiated CPR and called emergency crews; however, the inmate remained unresponsive.
Kenosha Fire Department personnel transported him to the hospital. There, hospital staff listed the inmate in critical condition, the KCSD said.
Investigators from the Racine County Sheriff’s Department will lead the investigation into the incident. Their involvement is a result of an agreement between the two departments, the release states.
“The inmate is a 25-year-old man from the city of Kenosha and was being held in jail on felony and misdemeanor charges as well as a probation hold,” the department said.
Officials are withholding the inmate's name at this time.
The investigation is ongoing. As a result, investigators will release further as it becomes available.
Support the Observer Family
Latest Observances …
- Native American drum demo, Creative Space mic are tonight’s events July 22, 2021
- Tonight in Kenosha: City Council meets; Fusion and Rustic host open mics July 19, 2021
- Performers at Fusion (Around the Mics) July 18, 2021
- Observer on the Scene: Live at Kenosha COR, city meetings July 16, 2021
- Wednesdays at Public Craft Brewing (Around the Mics) July 13, 2021
- Tonight’s meetings (July 12, 2021): City committees discuss licenses, upcoming events July 12, 2021
- Around The Mics: Mondays at Kenosha Fusion July 9, 2021
- KCOR hoping to help stop violence before police intervention July 7, 2021
- City government, music and Kenosha Innovation Neighborhood June’s top subjects July 2, 2021
- Around The Mics: Performers at Creative Space, Public July 1, 2021