25-year-old listed in critical condition
KENOSHA COUNTY ⏤ The Racine County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a suicide attempt carried out in the Kenosha County Jail Tuesday evening.
According to a Wednesday release from the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department, Tuesday around 6:38 p.m. a correctional officer found an inmate unresponsive in their cell.
The inmate was hanging from bedding within his cell when the officer found him, the release states.
Personnel initiated CPR and called emergency crews; however, the inmate remained unresponsive.
Kenosha Fire Department personnel transported him to the hospital. There, hospital staff listed the inmate in critical condition, the KCSD said.
Investigators from the Racine County Sheriff’s Department will lead the investigation into the incident. Their involvement is a result of an agreement between the two departments, the release states.
“The inmate is a 25-year-old man from the city of Kenosha and was being held in jail on felony and misdemeanor charges as well as a probation hold,” the department said.
Officials are withholding the inmate's name at this time.
The investigation is ongoing. As a result, investigators will release further as it becomes available.
Support the Observer Family
Latest Observances …
- UPDATE: KCSD identifies Milwaukee driver killed in I-94 crash October 14, 2021
- Sheriff’s department investigating fatal crash on I-94 October 13, 2021
- County Public Health hosting COVID-19 booster dose clinic Friday October 6, 2021
- Observer Captures Kenosha: Sept. 24 through Oct. 3, 2021 October 4, 2021
- Thompson’s Take (Opinion): ‘You’re a good kid, buddy’ October 1, 2021
- Wilmot, Pleasant Prairie COVID-19 testing sites open in Kenosha County September 29, 2021
- Carthage students, All Energy Solar hope residents harness chance to go green September 27, 2021
- ICYMI: Organizers hold first-ever Kenosha Orgullo Hispano (Hispanic Heritage) Festival September 22, 2021
- Observer Conversations: James Simmons for Kenosha County Sheriff September 15, 2021
- In the Kenosha Crowd: Photos in the city June – August, part 1 September 13, 2021