Car show will return on July 30, 2022
KENOSHA ⏤ Residents hoping to catch the yearly Homecoming Car Show this summer will have to, again, wait another year.
On Wednesday, the Kenosha County Historical Society and the show committee jointly announced the postponement, citing months of deliberation over the decision.
"This was not an easy decision to postpone the event for the second year in a row," the statement reads.
Vaccine distribution process, travel guidelines considered
The organizers go on to cite that they considered many different factors "including that the vaccine distribution process takes time." It also cited potentially upcoming travel guidelines depending on the COVID-19 pandemic that could hinder participation from people in and out of state.
Organizers state maintaining the quality of the event served as a driving factor, as well.
"The health and safety of the attendees, volunteers, staff, and community must come first," they said in the joint statement.
As a result, the show will return July 30, 2022.
Read the full statement below:
Support the Observer
Latest Observances …
- ICYMI: Recent performances around Kenosha February 22, 2022
- Second Baptist Church to host free vaccination clinic Sunday (Feb. 20) February 19, 2022
- County: Public Health hosting vaccination clinic Wednesday morning (Feb. 9) February 8, 2022
- Around the Scene: Get out to Public Craft and Kenosha Creative Space (playlist) January 26, 2022
- Cold Nights, Warm Lights: Photos from recent open mics January 25, 2022
- A YAR grant, a KAC donation, and a reminder from Kenosha County January 9, 2022
- ‘Framing and Sobriety’: An observation on how one affects another (podcast) January 3, 2022