KENOSHA ⏤ Grace Welcome Center in Kenosha’s Uptown neighborhood has faced many uncertainties since COVID-19 hit the area last March.
However, amid potentially facing dwindling resources, it has kept its doors open and its pantry running throughout the pandemic.
As a result, the Observer sat down with Grace Welcome Center co-founder Rev. Jonathan Barker and manager Joe Falduto at the end of December 2020.
While many of the quotes in the video below mention the pantry’s then-upcoming struggles in January, according to Barker’s comments at various events since then, the pantry still faces the same needs this month.
Latest Observances …
- UPDATE: KCSD identifies Milwaukee driver killed in I-94 crash October 14, 2021
- Sheriff’s department investigating fatal crash on I-94 October 13, 2021
- County Public Health hosting COVID-19 booster dose clinic Friday October 6, 2021
- Observer Captures Kenosha: Sept. 24 through Oct. 3, 2021 October 4, 2021
- Thompson’s Take (Opinion): ‘You’re a good kid, buddy’ October 1, 2021