The Uptown Observer‘s stringer Jordan Pauley, of Pauley’s Pro Pics, took photos this chilly morning in Kenosha.
See his work below.
Latest Observances …
- Mental Health Moment: Let go of enemies, embrace criticsby Daniel ThompsonToday, I’m encouraging you to do something that most people would flat out refuse to do: I encourage you to wish your enemy/enemies well. Now,
- In the Crowd: Lumphead, Roaming Bear and Codes within Codesby Daniel ThompsonKenosha Creative Space hosted the talents of three local bands Saturday night: Lumphead (Brittany Lumley), Roaming Bear and Codes within Codes (Cody Cummings). I had
- Along the Path: Perspective is keyby Daniel ThompsonWhen I reflect on how I used to talk about sobriety and how I think of it now, I return to a thought: Perspective is
- Nia program to help African-American youth ‘Rest and Reset’by Daniel ThompsonKENOSHA ⏤ Kenosha County UW-Extension and Kenosha Public Library’s Nia: Pathways and Purpose for the Future program is hosting “Rest and Reset” on Jan. 19.
- Mental Health Moment: Let them talkby Daniel ThompsonIt’s commonplace in this world to encounter negative talk about yourself or the people you care about. As humans, we have a tendency to give
- Along the Path: Six years of changeby Daniel ThompsonAs of Jan. 1, 2023, I am six years sober from alcohol, and have been on a journey of change ever since. While the overall
- Listening To: Spare Animals’ “Better Winds” (review)by Daniel ThompsonIf I had to sum up Kenosha County musicians Spare Animals’ latest EP, “Better Winds”, it would be this: instrumental reverence and nostalgia for music
- Mental Health Moment: You CAN practice what you preachby Daniel ThompsonA little while back, I told you that you CAN take a break. And now, after the past week or so, you (and I) know
- Mental Health Moment: You CAN let it go, don’t overanalyzeby Daniel ThompsonIt’s no surprise to people who know me well that I have an incredibly hard time letting a thought go. I overanalyze everything ⏤ even
- Mental Health Moment: You ARE okayby Daniel ThompsonI won’t lie to you. I have to just tell myself that I’m okay at least a few times a week. If I don’t, I’ll
Spread the Word
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)