'Reaching Out' event to share United Way resources
Tonight at 5 p.m. the United Way of Kenosha County will be reviewing resources available to the community for its "Reaching Out" virtual series.
The first installment of the series debuts at 5 p.m. tonight and is expected to last until 6 p.m. Though only an hour long, the debut will feature presentations from:
- Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency ⏤ on senior food programs,
WIC and more;
- Kenosha County Food Bank & Kenosha County Job Center ⏤ on meal programs and food pantries;
- And Kenosha Human Development Services ⏤ on rental and housing assistance.
Those interested in watching the debut of the virtual series can do so by tuning in to facebook.com/UnitedWayKenosha.
Kenosha County Racial Equity Work Group to meet at 5
The Kenosha County Racial Equity Work Group will meet virtually at 5 p.m. tonight, Jan. 28.
The work group, led by Dist. 16 County Supervisor Jerry Gulley, is tasked with coming up with the guidelines that the Racial Equity Commission will follow. That commission, whose members will be chosen by the work group, will take on recognizing and addressing any inequities in county policies and ordinances.
According to an online schedule, tonight's agenda items include:
- Discussion on scope; “Racial Equity” vs. “Equity”;
- Finalization of Mission;
- And discussion on goals, time permitting.
The meeting will be accessible for public monitoring by calling 1-408-418-9388 and using Access Code 146 976 3916.